In large companies such as TFSPH with hundreds of employees, numerous suppliers, and a wide customer base, the careful handling of employee data, suppliers, information, and even customer details may be at risk of unauthorized access, use and even disclosure. TFSPH ensures the security and protection of personal information stored in the information and communication systems in TFSPH in line with the objective of Republic Act (R.A.) No. 10173, otherwise known as the Data Privacy Act of 2012, which provides for the protection of the privacy of communication while ensuring free flow of information to promote innovation and growth.
The information below provides for the general practices of TFSPH relevant to processes and content which are made available through the website.
By using our website or providing us your Personal Data, you will be treated as having given your permission for our collection, use, and processing of your Personal Data, you have accepted the policies and practices described in this Statement.
If you do not allow the collection, use, and processing of your personal data, kindly refrain from using our website, and/or contact us for any privacy-related concerns.
Rights of the Data Subject
We respect the rights of Data Subjects under Data Privacy Act, in particular:
- Right to be Informed. The Data Subject has the right to be informed whether Personal Data pertaining to him/her shall be, are being, or have been processed.
- Right to Access. The Data Subject has the right to demand reasonable access to the following:
- Contents of his/her personal data that were processed;
- Sources from which Personal Data were obtained;
- Names and addresses of the recipient/s of the Personal Data;
- Manner by which his/her Personal Data were processed;
- Reasons for the disclosure of the Personal Data to recipient/s, if any;
- Information on automated processes where the Personal Data will, or is likely to, be made as the sole basis for any decision that significantly affects or will affect the Data Subject;
- Date when Personal Data concerning the Data Subject were last accessed and modified; and
- Identity and address of the Company.
- Right to Object. The Data Subject shall have the right to object to the Processing of his/her
Personal Data. The Data Subject shall also be notified and given an opportunity to withhold
his/her consent to the Processing in case of changes or any amendment to the information
supplied or declared to the Data Subject in the immediately preceding Section. When a Data Subject objects or withholds consent, the Company shall no longer Process the Personal Data,
- the Personal Data is needed pursuant to a subpoena;
- The processing is for obvious purposes, including, when it is necessary for the performance of, or in relation to a contract or service to which the data subject is a party, or when necessary or desirable in the context of an employer-employee relationship between the company and the data subject (e.g. to assess the qualification of an applicant or the suitability of a current employee for promotion or transfer, the company may require information as regards the person’s educational attainment); or
- The personal data is collected and processed pursuant to a legal obligation (e.g. to make the mandatory requirements to an employee’s Social Security System, PAG-IBIG Home Development Mutual Fund, and PhilHealth accounts, the company has to obtain the pertinent social security numbers of the data subject).
- Right to erasure or blocking. The data subject has the right to suspend, withdraw, or order the blocking, removal, or destruction of his/her personal data from the Company’s Information and Communications System/s and/or Filing System/s, and may exercise such right, upon discovery and/or substantial proof of any of the following:
- Personal data is incomplete, outdated, false, or unlawfully obtained;
- Personal data is being used for purpose/s not authorized by the data subject;
- The personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose/s for which they were collected;
- Data subject withdraws consent or objects to the processing, and there is no other legal grounds or overriding legitimate interest for the processing;
- Personal data concerns information prejudicial to the data subjects, unless justified by the freedom of speech, of expression, or of the press, or otherwise authorized;
- Processing is unlawful; or
- Right/s of the data subjects has/have been violated
- Right to rectification. Data subjects have the right to dispute any inaccuracy or error in his/her personal data and have the Personal Information Controller (PICs) correct it immediately, unless the request is vexatious or unreasonable. If the personal data has been corrected, the company shall ensure the accessibility of both and new and the retracted personal data, and the simultaneous receipt of the new and the retracted personal data by the intended recipient/s thereof.
- Right to data portability. Where his/her personal data is processed by electronic means and in a structured and commonly used format and upon his/her written request, the data subject shall have the right to obtain from the company a copy of such personal data in an electronic or structured format that is commonly used and allows for further use by the data subject.
- Right to complain before the commission. The data subject shall have the right to complain before the commission for any data privacy violation committed by the company, if any.
- Right to damages. Data subjects may claim compensation if he/she suffered damages due to inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained or unauthorized use of personal data, considering any violation of rights and freedom as data subject.
- Transmissibility of rights. Any lawful heir and/or assign of the data subject may invoke the rights of the data subject to which he/she is an heir and/or assignee, at any time after the death of the data subject, or when the data subject is incapacitated or incapable of exercising his/her right.
Why TFSPH collects and processes your Personal Data
TFSPH collects only the personal data needed to effectively serve you and carry out its business operations. We may also use the personal data collected for various purposes such as customer service, investor relations, market research, and business development. We may use the personal data collected to respond to your queries, to process your requests and applications, to create services that will respond to your needs and to otherwise carry out our business operations. We may also collect, use, and process your personal data for the following general purposes:
- to conduct due diligence prior to executing a contract, and to facilitate the fulfillment of the terms of the contract thereafter;
- to respond to your queries, complaints, and requests;
- to provide information about our services;
- to conduct research and analysis to improve customer experience;
- to maintain security; and
- to comply with legal, regulatory, and contractual requirements or obligations.
The use and processing of your personal data also depends on your transactions with us.
If you inquire about, or avail yourself of our services, we may collect, use, or process your personal data to:
- conduct appropriate credit investigation to assess the risk of transacting with you;
- prepare and execute the necessary contract to cover the transaction;
- update our records and keep your contact details and billing address up-to-date; and
- communicate any advisories, changes, and other information relevant to your contact with us.
If you are a vendor/supplier, a potential vendor/supplier, or a contractor, we may collect, use, or process your personal data to:
- conduct the appropriate due diligence checks;
- evaluate your proposal, including your technical, financial, and operation capacity;
- assess the viability of your proposal and process your accreditation;
- communicate any decision on such proposal; and
- perform any other action as may be necessary to implement the terms and conditions of our contract.
If you are a visitor of TFSPH, we may use, collect, or process your personal data to:
- grant access to our premises; and
- maintain the security within our premises
What Personal Data TFSPH processes
The Company processes your personal data in electronic and paper format. We receive your personal data through electronic, written and verbal communications.
Personal data we process and collected may include any of the following, among others:
- Other contact details
- Any information relevant to the feedback you have provided or the request or transaction you have made.
Further transactions with us may require the processing of your other personal data, such as but not limited to the following:
- Financial details such as credit history, bank account, credit card, and debit card information;
- Sensitive personal information, such as age, nationality, marital status, gender, health, education, date of birth and government-issued identification documents; and
- Employment history, payroll and benefit information and salary wages.
To whom does TFSPH disclose your personal data?
TFSPH will not disclose your personal data to third parties without your consent except when required by Philippine laws and regulations. It may however share your personal data to its other business units within TFSPH. In such cases, your personal data will be used in a manner consistent with the purpose for which it was originally collected and to which you consented, and the data privacy act, its Implementing rules and regulations, and all relevant regulations and issuances on privacy and data protection.
We may also share your personal data with third parties who perform services for us. Under such circumstances, we require our service providers to limit the use of the personal data we share with them in a manner consistent with the purpose for which it was originally collected and to which you consented, and the data privacy act, its Implementing rules and regulations, and all relevant regulations and issuances on privacy and data protection. Our service providers will not process your personal data for any other purpose than what we have agreed with them.
We may also share your personal data to unrelated third parties, upon your request, when we are legally required to do so, or when we believe it is necessary to protect and/or defend our rights, property, or safety, and those of other individuals. Nevertheless, we will take all the necessary steps to protect your personal data.
How TFSPH collects your personal data
When you access our website and/or communicate/interact with us, TFSPH may collect your personal data and non-personal data:
- Personal data you knowingly and voluntarily provide
We may also process the personal data you knowingly and voluntarily provide when you contact us. The personal data you provided will then be used to provide the service you requested. For instances, when you e-mail us a query, necessarily, we will collect your name and e-mail address to respond you.
How TFSPH protects your information
The security of your personal information is our priority. We protect this information by maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that exceed applicable law. Our employees are trained in the proper handling of our clients' personal information. When we use other companies to provide services for us, we require them to protect the confidentiality of personal information they receive
We acknowledge that your role is also equally important in ensuring your security. To ensure the full protection of your transactions and the whole TFSPH facility against unauthorized third parties, we need you to do your share in protecting your information.
How long TFSPH keeps your information
Your personal information shall be retained for as long as the purpose for which it was collected, and such other purposes that you may have consented to from time to time, remains in effect and until such time as it is no longer required nor necessary to keep your information for any other legal, regulatory or business purposes.
Upon expiration of the retention period, all physical and electronic copies of the personal data shall be destroyed and disposed of using secure means that would render the personal data unreadable and irretrievable and prevent the occurrence of any personal data breach and other security incidents.
How TFSPH governs the protection of personal data on the internet
When you visit this website, you can find information about our products and services, read our corporate reports, check on further career opportunities with TFSPH, receive the latest information, or use other value-added services without giving us any information about yourself.
If you do provide personal information, such as your mailing address, e-mail, phone or fax number or, potentially, any demographic or client identification, such information shall not be shared, sold, or divulged by us to any third party without your prior knowledge and consent. We shall treat such personal information as well as any information related to your business activities and transactions in full compliance with our usual standards of the strictest safety and security as well as in compliance with the principles governing the maintenance of banking secrecy and data privacy.
Personal data collected by placing a cookie on your computer
We may also obtain information about you by placing cookie on your computer. This is typically done to ease navigation through our website. Cookies that may be used are of two kinds – session cookie and persistent cookie. As session cookie is sued to place on your computer a computer-generated, unique identified whenever you access our website. It does not identify you personally and expires as soon as you close your web browser. A persistent cookie does not expire when you close your browser, and stays on your computer, unless you delete it.
If you do not wish to receive cookies, you may modify your web browser setting to turn them off or delete them from your computer. If you reject our cookies, however, our website may not function properly.
Where TFSPH stores your Personal Data
Your Personal Data is controlled by Toyota Financial Services Philippines Corporation, a company registered under Philippine laws, whose principal office is at 32/F GT Tower International, Ayala Avenue, Corner H.V. Dela Costa Street, Salcedo Village, Makati City 1227
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions, clarifications or concerns, you may also write to our Data Privacy Officer at:
Toyota Financial Services Philippines Corporation
32/F GT Tower International, Ayala Avenue,
corner HV Dela Costa Street, Salcedo Village, Makati City 1227
TFSPH will make every reasonable effort to answer your questions and advise you of the steps we take to address your issues.
Changes to our Privacy Statement
We may modify or amend this privacy statement from time to time to keep up with any changes in relevant laws and regulations applicable to us or how we collect, use, protect, store, share or dispose of your personal information. Any relevant updates will be posted on the TFSPH website.